A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to The Telegraph, a transfer summit is set to take place at NUFC which could decide Rafa Benitez’slong term future – with Mike Ashley ‘urging’ Lee Charnley to find out exactly what the Spaniard requires to sign a new deal – Full story here.
- Kevin Keegan has admitted that former NUFC employee Toni Jimenez told him that he wasn’t keen to sign German international defender Per Mertesacker as he ‘hadn’t heard of him’ – Full story here.
- Former Newcastle United and Man Utd striker Giuseppe Rossi could be facing yet another major setback in his career, with the Italian facing a one-year ban after testing positive for a banned substance – Full story here.
- According to Luke Edwards, Mike Ashley felt there was ‘no point’ signing players on ‘long-term deals’ over the summer – feeling this would make no sense if Rafa Benitez wasn’t willing to commit his future to the club – Full story here.
- After being released by the club over the summer, former Newcastle United youngster Paul Woolston is now ‘impressing’ on trial at Manchester United according to MEN – Full story here.
- Alan Shearer has branded Newcastle United a ‘shambles’ after Geordie boxing star Lewis Ritson admitted that the club have asked him to take all NUFC logos off his clothing – except when he’s fighting live on TV! – Full story here.
- Reports in Portugal have confirmed that Newcastle sent scouts to watch highly rated Benfica goalkeeper Odisseas Vlachodimos in Champions League action last week – Full story here.
- When discussing whether Newcastle United are a ‘big club’ during an appearance on talkSPORT, Ian Abrahams has claimed that we only get 52,000 people into St James’ Park as there’s ‘nothing else to do’ in Newcastle! – Read his pathetic comments here.