A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to The Chronicle, Mike Ashley is ‘receptive’ to a takeover bid from Peter Kenyon – however he’s asked him to provide ‘proof of funds’ and ‘evidence’ that he can take the club forward before he makes a bid – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez is ‘hopeful’ that Federico Fernandez and Paul Dummett will be fit to face Manchester United at the weekend – however The Chronicle claim that Salomon Rondon is ‘likely’ to miss out once again – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has claimed that even Mike Ashley now knows that the team must be strengthened in January – with him confirming that talks having taken place with Lee Charnley for ‘a while’ leading up to the winter window – Full story here.
- The Daily Mail report that Mike Ashley will now take Rafa Benitez and the entire NUFC squad out for dinner in a bid to ‘build relationships’ – and fan’s response to the news has ended up going viral – See the best ones here.
- Peter Kenyon is a ‘man with no money wanting to buy a football club’ according to a source in touch with Sky Sports News – showing how important it will be for him to find serious financial backing if his takeover bid is to be successful – Full story here.
- According to The Chronicle, Achraf Lazaar has now been handed a squad number by Rafa Benitez – with the Moroccan set to play for the U-23’s tonight in an attempt to stake his claim for a first-team return – Full story here.
- During his first appearance at St James’ Park in sixteen months, Mike Ashley was pictured smirking and laughing as disgruntled fans made their feelings known in the first half of Saturday’s defeat to Leicester – See the sickening footage here.
- According to The Express, Swedish international centre-back Filip Helander is ‘at the top’ of Rafa Benitez’s January wanted list – a transfer rumour that makes absolutely no sense – Full story here.
- Paul Merson has claimed that Mike Ashley gets ‘unfair stick’ – claiming the NUFC owner has put plenty of his money into the club and questioning why no one from Newcastle has come forward to buy the club off him – Full story here.