A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Achraf Lazaar has given an intriguing in-depth interview, opening up about his situation at the club after being banished to the reserves by Rafa Benitez – claiming that ‘a lot’ of his team-mates feel he should be in the first-team – Full story here.
- After scoring his EIGTH goal of the season last night, in-form NUFC U-23 striker Elias Sorensen has admitted that it would be a ‘dream’ to break into the first-team squad and be managed by Rafa Benitez – Full story here.
- According to reports in France, Newcastle offered Alassane Plea a bigger wage packet than Borussia Monchengladbach over the summer – however he rejected the move as he wasn’t impressed by the club’s ‘sporting project’ – Full story here.
- Salomon Rondon is now pushing to be fit for next weekend’s crucial clash with Brighton according to the Shields Gazette’s Miles Starforth – with him doing extra work behind the scenes to be back in time – Full story here.
- Sam Allardyce has told Mike Ashley and Rafa Benitez that they must ‘get on with it’ at Newcastle, even if they don’t like each other – admitting that he had no relationship whatsoever with the NUFC owner during his spell at the club – Full story here.
- According to The Chronicle, Blackburn are now interested in signing talented Newcastle United winger Adam Wilson – the England U-18 international who signed a new deal at the club over the summer – Full story here.
- Brighton have identified former NUFC full-back James Tavernier as a transfer target ahead of the January window according to Sky Sports, – Full story here.
- Callum Roberts may not be a household name amongst NUFC fans just yet, but if his current form for the U-23’s is anything to go by, it won’t be long until he’s in Rafa Benitez’s first team plans – Watch his latest stunning solo goal here.
- And finally, my take on Christian Atsu – the NUFC winger who’s looked completely out of sorts each and every time we’ve seen him this season – Read full piece here.