A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Sir John Hall is adamant that there is interest in Newcastle United and that Mike Ashley is ‘serious’ about selling – however he feels that it would cost potential new owners £700-£800m to buy the club and ‘bring success’ – Full story here.
- According to Irish outlet ‘The 42’, Ciaran Clark has suffered an injury while away on international duty with the Republic of Ireland – with him forced to pull out of their clash with Wales tonight as a result – Full story here.
- Speaking to talkSPORT, former Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan has launched a bizarre attack on Rafa Benitez – claiming the Spaniard only cares about himself and is only using Newcastle as a ‘stepping stone’ – Full story here.
- Some positive news has emerged from The Chronicle in the last few moments, confirming that talented midfielder Sean Longstaff is now ‘on the verge’ of signing a new long-term contract with the club – Full story here.
- Brighton skipper Bruno claims that the St James’ Park crowd will turn on the players if we don’t start well on Saturday – a claim that’s riled a few Newcastle United fans today – Full story here.
- Less than a year after he was strongly linked with a move to St James’ Park, Ghanaian striker Richmond Boakye has claimed that he ‘will’ be joining an unnamed Premier League club in January – Full story here.
- Ex-NUFC striker Mick Quinn says he’s heard that Mike Ashley ‘wants too many strings attached’ to any deal that sees him sell Newcastle United – believing this is one of the main reasons there’s been no sale as of yet – Full story here.
- And finally, Newcastle fans give some ‘interesting’ responses when asked who they’d like to see Rafa Benitez sign in January – See them all here.