A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- After confirmation that Mike Ashley paid Rafa Benitez a rare visit following Saturday’s defeat to Brighton, Lee Ryder has revealed that the NUFC owner is now prepared to give the Spaniard more time to turn things around on Tyneside – Full story here.
- According to Lee Ryder, sources at St James’ Park have now ‘played down’ the possibility of making a move for Brendan Rodgers after the Celtic boss was linked with Rafa Benitez’s job once again over the weekend – Full story here.
- Jamaal Lascelles has sent a strong message to fans slating Rafa Benitez following Saturday’s defeat to Brighton, saying ‘he knows football better than anyone in this whole stadium’ – Full story here.
- Sky Sports have revealed some harrowing stats on promoted club’s transfer activity since the summer of 2017 – confirming that our net spend is just £100,000, compared to Brighton’s £86m and Huddersfield’s £71m – Full story here.
- Some interesting footage has emerged from St James’ Park following Saturday’s game with Brighton, showing ex-NUFC chairman Chris Mort in the stands – and it’s got Newcastle fans talking – Full story here
- Alan Shearer has criticised Yoshinori Muto and Federico Fernandez for the part they played in Brighton’s goal on Saturday – also claiming that Newcastle were simply ‘not good enough’ despite having ‘no luck’ – Full story here.
- According to The Mirror, Newcastle United have sent scouts to watch promising Aston Vila youngster Mitchell Clark – with West Ham also said to be keen on the 19-year-old – Full story here.
- Jamie Redknapp believes that Newcastle players must be ‘running out of patience’ with Rafa Benitez’s ‘negative tactics’ – also claiming that it was a ludicrous decision to offload Dwight Gayle and bring in Salomon Rondon in his place – Full story here.