A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Some promising pictures have emerged from the club’s latest training sessions this morning, showing Salomon Rondon and Ciaran Clark back– with rarely seen midfielder Ki Sung-yueng also pictured after his bizarre – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has confirmed that Salomon Rondon is now ‘getting better’ ahead of his comeback from a thigh injury – however The Chronicle insist that he still faces a ‘race against time’ to be fit for Saturday – Full story here.
- According to The Chronicle’s Mark Douglas, a club record move for Brazilian striker Willian Jose was one of the deals ‘discussed’ at NUFC – however the a deal failed to materialise – Full story here.
- Jamaal Lascelles has insisted that there’s ‘nothing to panic about’ despite our awful start, insisting that we’ve played five of the top six, got two draws on the road and been ‘miles’ better than Brighton on Saturday – Full story here.
- After scoring his second hat-trick of the month for the U-23’s this week, Newcastle United have put together a compilation of all 12 of Elias Sorensen’s goals so far this season – Watch all them here.
- According to Sportslens, Newcastle could be set to make a January move for in-form Belgian winger Leandro Trossard – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez stated this week that he’s now hoping there’ll be ‘three sides worse than us’ this season, and the bookies clearly think there will be – with Huddersfield, Cardiff and Fulham now the favourites to go down ahead of NUFC – Full story here.
- Robbie Savage has raised a worrying point ahead of the January window, asking ‘who is going to go to Newcastle’ if we are still stuck in the bottom three and unwilling to pay big money in the new year – Full story here.