A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Newcastle United skipper Jamaal Lascelles has signed a new SIX-year deal with the club today – a contract which could keep him at the club until 2024 – See full story and his reaction interview here.
- The skipper has spoken out about Mike Ashley following his new deal, controversially claiming he is a ‘nice guy’ – also urging supporters to stop the negativity and get behind the team – See his comments here.
- After revealing their protest plans between new and the new year, The Magpie Group have confirmed the three ideas they will promote to get rid of Mike Ashley – See them all here.
- Following his recent loan move to the Slovan Liberec for some much needed game time, it’s now emerged that Rolando Aarons has been dropped by the Czech side – with him starting on the bench in recent weeks – Full story here.
- THREE fan theories have emerged after Lascelles signs new deal at NUFC – One is promising, two are worrying – See them all here.
- After confirmation recently that we had a scout present for Club Brugge’s Champions League clash with Monaco last month, reports in Belgium are now claiming that it was Brazilian striker Wesley Moraes that we were watching – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez claims that he is reluctant to throw his NUFC youngsters into the first team because ‘everybody will be expecting them to become the new Alan Shearer’ – feeling the pressure would be too great – Full story here.
- After news that Benitez had enquired about the availability of Divock Origi ahead of the January transfer window, it’s reported that Liverpool have set an asking price of ‘upwards of £20m’ for the Belgian striker – Full story here.