A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to the Northern Echo’s , Mike Ashley’s ‘next move’ will be to personally reach out to Rafa Benitez and his representatives in the hope he’ll agree to sign a new contract before the year is out – Full story here.
- Florian Lejeune is set to make a shock early return to action at NUFC according to North East reporter David Coverdale, – with him now expected to resume first-team training in a few weeks time – Full story here.
- The official club website have released footage of the players in training today, and Yoshinori Muto and Jonjo Shelvey are nowhere to be seen – with both seeming MAJOR doubts for Bournemouth on Saturday – Full story here.
- NUFC target Sebastien Haller has insisted that ‘money isn’t everything in football’ when being asked about a potential move away from Frankfurt – with the German side said to be demanding at least £17m for the striker – Full story here.
- As revealed by The Chronicle’s Chris Waugh, opposition managers have been seen to ‘actively target’ DeAndre Yedlin when facing Newcastle in recent weeks – Read his interesting comments in full here.
- After stories emerged yesterday linking us with a January move for Yacine Brahimi, reports from Portugal are now claiming that Porto playmaker will be available for just £5m after talks over a new contract broke down – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, Rafa has sanctioned a January exit for forgotten full-back Achraf Lazaar, with him also set to loan out Cal Roberts after his impressive form for the U-23’s – Full story here.
- And finally, Simon’s rant at Mike Ashley after news that the NUFC owner is now expecting Rafa Benitez to sign a new deal BEFORE he puts his money where his mouth is in the January window – Full story here.