A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to the North-East’s reporter for The Mirror Simon Bird, we are set to launch a £15million bid for MLS star Miguel Almiron in the January window – Full story here
- The Daily Mail claim Mike Ashley is still refusing to accept any offers which include a relegation clause and instead demanding a ‘straight up’ £300m sale – something which threatens to deter two interested parties – Full story here.
- New Fulham boss Claudio Ranieri believes Aleksandar Mitrovic is ‘one of the best’ strikers in the world – a statement a fair few Newcastle fans may strongly disagree with – Full story here.
- With Paul Dummett out tonight and few full-backs at Rafa’s disposal, here’s the surprise 3-4-3 NUFC line-up we can see Benitez going with at Burnley tonight – See it in full here.
- Rafa Benitez has admitted that Rob Elliot could leave the club in the January transfer window, saying he is a good goalkeeper but someone who needs to be playing – Full story here.
- With Paul Dummett out of tonight’s trip to Burnley, an intriguing poll was run online, asking Newcastle fans if they’d like to see Kenedy, Clark, Manquillo or forgotten man Achraf Lazaar to take his place at left-back – See results here.
- Just months after he looked set to become a £30m flop, it seems Moussa Sissoko has suddenly become a fans favourite at Spurs – See fan’s stunning comments here following his impressive performance vs Chelsea on Saturday.
- According to the Chronicle’s Lee Ryder, Newcastle United are showing interest in Italian international midfielder Stefano Sensi – with club scouts watching him ahead of a potential bid in the January transfer window – Full story here.