A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- As reported by the the Chronicle, Newcastle’s head of recruitment Steve Nickson is now on his way to America to negotiate a deal for MLS star Miguel Almiron – Full story here.
- After a spell in punditry with Sky and a miserable few months in charge of West Brom last season, Alan Pardew has landed himself an unlikely role in football – helping his hometown club Wimbledon find a new manager – Full story here.
- Almost a year on from his suspension following ‘racism and bullying’ allegations, Peter Beardsley is now coaching at Gateshead – with club sources now telling the Daily Mail that he is NOT expected to return to St James’ Park – Full story here.
- Following our worrying start to the season, it looked absolutely essential that Ashley would have to spend money in the January transfer window – but after three wins on the spin, he will almost certainly be thinking very differently – Full story here.
- An incredible statistic has been highlighted on Twitter, revealing that only Man City, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea and Man Utd have conceded less goals than Newcastle over the last two Premier League seasons – Full story here.
- Matt Ritchie has praised Ayoze Perez for the part he played in Monday night’s win at Burnley, describing his defensive contribution and work rate as ‘unbelievable’ – Full story here.
- Following claims that Atlanta Utd owner Arthur Blank is now behind a US Consortium keen to buy NUFC, the Chronicle’s Chris Waugh has admitted that he is ‘sceptical’ – Full story here.
- Rafa hasn’t got much wrong during his two and a bit years at the club, however one call that continues to baffle NUFC fans is his decision to sell Kevin Mbabu – with the ull-back showing what a talent he is against Man Utd this week – See more here.