A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Rafa Benitez has been nominated for the Premier League manager of the month – while Salomon Rondon’s headed goal against Bournemouth has been shortlisted for Carling’s goal of the month award – See how to vote for both here.
- TEAM NEWS – Kenedy and Paul Dummett should be fit to return against Wolves – and although Matt Ritchie is back from a ban, Fabian Schar will miss out after picking up his fifth yellow card at Everton – Full story here.
- Atlanta United president Darren Eales has told Sky Sports that the club are yet to receive a suitable offer for Miguel Almiron – insisting that he will NOT be loaned out or sold or £15m – Full story here.
- Alan Shearer has admitted that he ‘can’t get excited’ about a potential takeover as he has ‘heard it all before’ when it comes to Mike Ashley – especially when this has all emerged just before the January transfer window – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has revealed that he now ‘knows where we are’ on the takeover front after speaking to Lee Charnleyjust ‘a few minutes’ before his press conference – Full story here.
- According to Turkish outlet ‘Aksam’, Newcastle are interested in a deal to sign Galatasaray winger Sofiane Ferghouli in January – the Algerian international who left West Ham just a year ago – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has admitted that top Newcastle United youngster Sean Longstaff will be handed his Premier League debut soon – hinting that he could be given his big chance over the busy festive period – Full story here.
- According to reports from Italy, Benitez is keen on ex-Sunderland star Fabio Borini – with the story claiming that NUFC scouts have been watching the AC Milan forward ahead of the January transfer window – Full story here.