A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to the Northern Echo, Mike Ashley and Peter Kenyon are still ‘hopeful’ that a takeover will go through – however the chances of it being concluded before January ‘receding fast’ – Full story here.
- According to leading Paraguayan reporter Bruno Pont, Miguel Almiron is ‘hours away’ from signing for Newcastle – claiming there is now an ‘agreement’ in place between all parties – Full story here.
- Kevin Mbabu has admitted that he moved to Newcastle too soon in his career – saying he was not ‘ready’ physically for the ‘intensity’ of training – Full story here.
- Some great news for Newcastle, with confirmation that Yoshinori Muto has been left out of the Japan squad for the Asian cup – meaning he will NOT be on international leave in January – Full story here.
- Mo Diame has offered a refreshingly honest assessment of our home form – admitting that it is nowhere near good enough to be losing to ‘bottom half’ sides at SJP – Full story here.
- According to the Sun, Newcastle are one of several Premier League clubs keen to sign Leyton Orient goal machine Macauley Bonne – Full story here.
- According to an exclusive from Football Insider’s Peter O’Rourke, Newcastle are trying to sign talented Tottenham left-back Jaden Brown – Full story here.
- The Sun’s north-east reporter David Coverdale claims the club have now offered Elias Sorensen a new three-year deal – however the striker has failed to agree terms so far – Full story here.