A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Some concerning news ahead of Saturday’s trip to Huddersfield, with both Jonjo Shelvey and Federico Fernandez nowhere to be seen from the players training session on Thursday – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, Rafa Benitez has been assured that he’ll be backed in January whether a takeover occurs or not – with him expecting ‘ at least’ two or three new arrivals – Full story here.
- Miguel Almiron is ‘interested in working with Rafa Benitez’ and is keen to make the move to Newcastle according to Mark Douglas – Full story here.
- Finance expert Kieran Maguire has claimed that Mike Ashley is looking for ‘around £325m’ for NUFC – but believes he’s finally a ‘motivated seller’ and now willing to be ‘more flexible’ on price – Full story here – Full story here.
- According to the Mirror, Rafa Benitez has reignited his interest in Benfica midfielder Andreas Samaris – with the club now eyeing a cut-price January deal – Full story here.
- After making his return from a devastating knee injury this week, it’s been revealed that only ONE Premier League player has returned to action quicker after an ACL than Florian Lejeune over the last 10 years – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, Elias Sorensen is still keen to commit to a new deal at Newcastle – despite claims that talks had ‘stalled’ after he rejected he club’s initial contract offer – Full story here.
- Newcastle have sent scouts to watch highly-rated Japanese international Ritsu Doan according to the Chronicle– with the Groningen star said to be available for just £1.7m – Full story here.