A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Sky Sports’ Pete Graves has admitted that several ‘valued contacts’ have told him ‘a lot of very positive things’ about a potential takeover at Newcastle – Full story here.
- According to the Mirror, Newcastle are interested in Bordeaux left-back Maxine Poundje – with Fulham and Burnley also keen to sign the Frenchman in January – Full story here.
- It may have gone unnoticed at the time, but post-match footage from the win at Huddersfield has shown Kenedy limping badly just moments after the final whistle – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle’s Lee Ryder, a five-year deal is still on the table for Rafa Benitez to sign, however he’s yet to receive assurances over the club’s training ground and Academy – Full story here.
- According to Scouts In Attendance, a Newcasttle official watched Olympiakos midfielder Mady Camara in their Europa League clash with AC Milan last week – with teammates Leonardo Koutris and Pape Cisse also catching our eye – Full story here.
- Newcastle look set to lose Ki sung-yueng for several weeks following Saturdays game with Fulham – with the midfielder likely to be called up to South Korea’s squad for the Asian Cup – Full story here.
- Rolando Aarons is on his way back to Tyneside after a loan spell with Slovan Liberec, but to say his spell with the Czech side has been unsuccessful is an understatement – Full story here.
- And finally, a closer look at Salomon Rondon – and why Benitez’s move to sell Mitrovic and sign the big Venezuelan already looks like a brilliant one – Full piece here.