A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to the Shields Gazette, Mike Ashley has now ‘gone on holiday for Christmas’ – leaving the club ‘no nearer to being sold’, with Rafa STILL yet to be told his January budget – Full story here.
- Newcastle are tracking Czech international Michal Travnik according to the Daily Mail – with £4m rated playmaker bagging 10 goals and 10 assists already this season – Full story here.
- According to Alan Nixon, it’s now appearing as though none of the bidders have the money needed to complete a £300m takeover at Newcastle United – Full story here.
- Claudio Ranieri has confirmed that star winger Ryan Sessegnon will miss Saturday’s game – a boost for Rafa given how he tormented us the last time Fulham came to St James’ Park – Full story here.
- Michael Owen has had his say ahead of Saturday’s game with Fulham, revealing TWO incredible stats – featuring our horrendous home form and Fulham’s horrific defending – Full story here.
- Jamaal Lascelles admits the ‘smart’ and ‘physical’ Aleksandar Mitrovic can be a ‘nightmare’ to deal with – but he’s hoping to do a job on him when the big Serbian returns to SJP – Full story here.
- According to north-east reporter Simon Bird, Ajax’s Nicolas Tagliafico, PSG’s Stanley N’Soki and Real Betis’Junior Firpo are all ‘high’ on Rafa Benitez’s January wish-list – Full story here.
- Karl Darlow is now ‘keen’ to complete a move to Leeds United according to the Mirrro – but Newcastle have told the Championship leaders they must pay £4m to sign him – Full story here.