A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to the Chronicle, ‘sources close to the deal’ claim there has been fresh discussions in the first few days of January regarding a potential takeover – with Mike Ashley allowing FOUR interested parties more time to raise cash – Full story here.
- A week before they’ll face their first-team in the Checktrade Trophy, Newcastle’s U-23’s have completed a brilliant comeback at the Academy of Light this afternoon – scoring in the 91st minute to beat Sunderland from 2-0 behind – Full story here.
- Ahead of tomorrow’s FA Cup clash with Blackburn, the Chronicle have named Florian Lejeune, Jacob Murphy, Freddie Woodman and Jamie Sterry as 4 players who could earn rare starts – Full story here.
- Despite the midfielder limping off in Wednesday night’s defeat against Man Utd, it’s been reported that Mo Diame is ‘expected to be fit’ for next weekend’s trip to Chelsea – Full story here.
- According to reports in Belgium this afternoon, Newcastle are ‘waiting in the wings’ over a deal to sign Club Brugge star ‘Wesley’ – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, Rafa Benitez holds reservations about Rolando Aarons’ ‘character and application’ – suggesting this is why the winger has failed to feature in his plans – Full story here.
- Newcastle are showing interest in a deal to sign in-form Senegalese international Mbaye Diagne according to TuttoMercato – Full story here.
- A horrific stat has emerged in the Times, highlighting that we have the lowest net spend in the league across the last three windows – with Mike Ashley gaining £2m on transfers between the summer of 2017 and now – Full story here.