Here’s a round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Rafa Benitez is confident that Diame and Lascelles will be fit to face Cardiff tomorrow – but Paul Dummettand Jonjo Shelvey will miss out once again – Full story here.
- According to Sky Sports, Peter Kenyon’s interest in Newcastle United is ‘very much real’ and Mike Ashley ‘definitely wants to sell’ – but the deal ‘appears to have stalled..for now’ – Full story here.
- Newcastle are ‘on the verge’ of agreeing a €15m deal (£13m) to sign Roma striker Gregoire Defrel according to dubious report in Italy – Full story here.
- According to the Sun, Newcastle are tracking Blackburn midfielder Lewis Travis – with the 21-year-old catching Benitez’s eye in our recent FA Cup tie at St James’ Park – Full story here.
- According to Sky Sports, Rafa Benitez is interested in signing Roma forward Gregoire Defrel – with him also eyeing a loan deal for PSG left-back Stanley N’Soki – Full story here.
- Andy Cole believes Rafa Benitez ‘created his own problem’ signing Salomon Rondon – feeling the Venezuelan striker is never going to score more goals than his predecessor Aleksandar Mitrovic – Full story here.
- Cardiff boss Neil Warnock believes Newcastle fans are ‘absolutely bonkers’ – praising our ability to stick with the club ‘no matter what’ – Full story here.
- Atlanta Utd have shared a clip of Miguel Almiron scoring a stunning goal in training this week – showing a glimpse of what we look set to miss out on if Ashley doesn’t splash the cash – Watch it here.