Here’s a round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Miguel Almiron has today arrived on Tyneside ahead of his £21m move from Atlanta, with the deal all set to go through once his medical is complete – Full story here.
- Antonio Barreca has also posted a picture of him arriving at Newcastle airport ahead of his medical, with him expected to sign on loan with an option to buy – Full story here.
- Newcastle are also hoping to finalise a deal for Benfica midfielder Andreas Samaris – who is believed to be ‘in talks’ despite starting in Portugal last night.
- According to Ligue 1 reporter Sacha Tavolieri, Newcastle have now held ‘advanced discussions’ with Nantes over the signing of Belgian international winger Anthony Limbombe – Full story here.
- A brilliant clip of Alan Shearer has emerged following last night’s 2-1 win over Man City at St James’ Park, showing the ex-NUFC number 9 celebrate Matt Ritchie’s 80th minute penalty – Watch it here!
- Atlanta reporter Doug Roberson – the first man to break news of the Almiron’s agreement last night – has shared a fascinating insight into what us Newcastle fans can expect from the Paraguayan playmaker – See his assessment here.
- The Telegraph have confirmed that West Brom now look set to sign Jacob Murphy – and it seems his replacement could be Belgian winger Anthony Limbombe – Full story here.
- According to Sky Italy’s Gianluca Di Marzio, Antonio Barreca will cost the club a loan fee of €1m (£875,000) – with the deal also including an option to buy him for a fee of €9m (£7.8m) – Full story here. Newcastle midfielder Ki Sung-yueng has announced his retirement from international football – Full story here.
- Just days ago, Paul Merson told Rafa to rest his team against Man City and focus on the FA Cup as we had ‘no chance’ of beating the champions – a comment that has totally backfired! – Full story here