Here’s a round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Lee Ryder has revealed that the one-year contract extension offered to Rafa Benitez is ‘no good to him’ as it does not offer a ‘project’ – with him feeling it’s the club simply asking him to ‘keep us up for another season’ – Full story here.
- It has emerged that a Premier League club registered their interest in Salomon Rondon last month – suggesting we could face competition for the striker this summer – Full story here.
- Tim Krul admits he’s still “very sad” about the way he “left via the back door” – but plans to return and say an ‘official goodbye’ if Norwich gain promotion and play at St James’ next season – Full story here.
- Matt Ritchie has sent out a passionate message to Newcastle fans in an open and honest interview – insisting that every player in the team cares and that he is ‘sure’ we will stay up this season – Read it here.
- Rafa Benitez has warned both players and fans not to underestimate Huddersfield – a game the the Spaniard has described as “massive” in our fight for survival – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, Newcastle ‘were going to complete’ a January deal for German striker Maximilian Philipp on loan with an option to buy – until Borussia Dortmund demanded an expensive permanent deal – Full story here.
- After missing out on a deal for Gelson Martins, the Portuguese winger has been on fire for Monaco – with his form likely to have left Rafa Benitez kicking himself – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez tried and failed to sign FOUR other left-backs before settling on a loan deal for Monaco’s Antonio Barreca according to the Chronicle’s Chris Waugh – Full story here.