Here’s a round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- It’s emerged that Miguel Almiron has averaged over 3 chances created per game since arriving at NUFC in January – a total that’s been bettered by no Premier League player in that time – Full story here.
- Guillem Balagué has confirmed that Rafa Benitez received ‘€10m’ offers from Saudi Arabi and China – but he believes his ‘big target’ is to remain in the Premier League should he leave Newcastle – Full story here.
- According to reports in Belgium, Aleksandar Mitrovic’s £14m move to Newcastle is now ‘under investigation’, with suspected money laundering and criminal association leading to police raids at Anderlecht today – Full story here.
- According to TEAMtalk, Newcastle are considering a move for Sean Dyche should Rafa Benitez leave this summer – and they claim the Burnley boss would ‘jump at the chance’ to manage at St James’ Park – Full story here.
- Jamaal Lascelles admits that Ayoze Perez has been “unreal” in training recently – suggesting his form in 2019 has been no surprise to several of his NUFC teammates – Read the skipper’s comments here.
- Alan Shearer has named TWO Newcastle United players in his Premier League team of the week – Ayoze Perez and NUFC’s ‘unsung hero’ Paul Dummett – Full story here.
- Jack Colback has insisted that he has no future at Newcastle United under Rafa Benitez, suggesting he will finally seal a permanent move away from the club this summer – Full story here.
- And finally, you may be surprised to hear what Sheffield Wednesday fans are saying about NUFC loanee Achraf Lazaar – Read their comments here.