Here’s a round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Alan Shearer has described Newcastle’s 2018/19 season as ‘decent’ – but insists we’re all dreaming of ‘bigger and better things’ than just surviving each year – Full story here.
- After being forced off in their 3-0 defeat at Barcelona last night, it has now been confirmed that Liverpool’s £50m midfielder Naby Keita will miss Saturday’s game at St James’ Park – Full story here.
- Despite 11 goals and some stunning form in 2019, Danny Mills is still yet to be convinced by Ayoze Perez – saying he needs to do this over ‘two or three seasons’ to earn a ‘big move’ – Full story here.
- Mo Diame MUST start Saturday’s clash with Liverpool if he hopes to activate a one-year contract extension at NUFC – Full story here.
- Joey Barton has fired another brutal dig at Sunderland fans following Fleetwood’s dramatic win over the Mackems on Tuesday – See his hilarious tweet here.
- Matt Ritchie has spoken out about his recent move from winger to wing-back at Newcastle, suggesting his lack of pace made him unable to play in an attacking front three – Full story here.
- After reports that Newcastle have ‘made an approach’ to sign Jan Carlos Hurtado, South American football expert Peter Coates has described the Venezuelan as a ‘terrific prospect’ – Full story here.