A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Speaking to the Chronicle, Dubai-based reporter Ben Jacobs claims that the Bin Zayed Group have ‘indicated’ that around £150m could be available to Rafa Benitez if a takeover goes through – Read more here.
- Rafa Benitez ‘refused to speak on camera’ about a potential new contract and the proposed takeover when quizzed by Sky Sports this morning – Full story here.
- Speaking to the club’s official website, Jonjo Shelvey has insisted that he’s ‘fighting’ for his place at Newcastle United and will stick around “until he’s told otherwise’ – Full story here.
- According to reports in Turkey, Fenerbahce defender Martin Skrtel is ‘in talks’ with Newcastle over a potential summer move to St James’ Park – Full story here.
- According to north-east reporter Martin Hardy, Newcastle bosses have now given Rafa Benitez a ‘series of contract options’ to consider – despite the fact a takeover could be in the offing – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has hailed the importance of Salomon Rondon at Newcastle and says “we will have time to talk” when asked about a potential deal to re-sign the striker on a permanent basis – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, ‘there’s a belief’ that Newcastle could pay around upwards of £30m to sign highly-rated Brazilian striker Joelinton this summer – Full story here.
- As takeover talk rumbles on, local reporters are telling us that the club are claiming they’ve actually received ‘no bid’ as of yet from the Bin Zayed Group (BZG) – but this doesn’t add up to me – Read my take on all the latest claims and counter claims here.