A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to the Chronicle, Mike Ashley has signed a non-disclosure agreement with the Bin Zayed Group – and he’s refusing to comment on a proposed takeover until an ‘official bid’ arrives – Full story here.
- Lee Ryder believes Rafa Benitez is now “very frustrated” – stating he’s ‘desperate’ to stay at the club but unable to sort a new contract or summer transfers after seeing takeover-talk take over – Full story here.
- According to reports in Germany, Newcastle have shown interest in Eintracht Frankfurt striker Sebastien Haller once again this summer – Full story here .
- Aston Villa have joined Fulham and Norwich in the race to sign Dwight Gayle this summer according to the Birmingham Mail – Full story here.
- Danny Mills says he’s ‘unconvinced’ about Salomon Rondon, claiming he’s had an ‘okay’ season at St James’ Park and may not be good enough at Premier League level – Read his baffling comments here.
- Jonas Gutierrez has spoke out about THAT famous goal in May 2015 and the celebration that followed in front of Mike Ashley – saying “I wanted to hear what they are going to say about me now” – Full story here.
- And finally, what would you prefer – a takeover goes through but Rafa Benitez leaves, or a takeover fails to materialise but Rafa Benitez signs a new deal? – See intriguing results to our latest poll here.