A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Despite claims that Wesley Moraes is ‘closing in’ on a move to Lazio, the Chronicle say a ‘source close to the striker’ has said he prefers a move to Newcastle…IF Rafa remains in charge – Full story here.
- Archie Brand – who’s lived and worked in the Middle-East for several years – has given us an insight into why the takeover talk may have gone quiet over the past few days – Read his piece here.
- A week after his big story in The Sun claiming Sheikh Khaled looked set to seal a £350m takeover, Justin Allen has responded to NUFC fans on Twitter – & he’s adamant it’s still on – Full story here.
- The Daily Mail’s Craig Hope has revealed that highly-rated Sunderland coach Mark Atkinson is now on his way to Newcastle United – Full story here.
- Former Newcastle United target Stanley N’Soki looks set to leave PSG this summer – and it’s said he’s available for just £7m – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, Freddie Woodman is becoming increasingly frustrate by his lack of game time at Newcastle United – but Rafa Benitez is ‘desperate’ to keep him – Full story here.
- Interest in Dwight Gayle is mounting, with newly-promoted duo Aston Villa and Norwich City are keen to sign the £15m-rated striker – along with Fulham and Middlesbrough – Full story here.
- And finally, Darren’s take on weekend reports linking us to Mourinho / Wenger, a £24m right-back and a club-record move for Joelinton – Read his piece here.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)
About Olly Hawkins
Olly has been a Junior Magpie from birth. As a season ticket holder and avid Newcastle United fan - he eats, sleeps and breathes all things NUFC.