A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- “Monochrome Acquisition Limited” has been set up today by Sheikh Khaled and Midhat Kidwai – and not only does the company mean ‘black and white’, it’s registered to the address of Mike Ashley’s law firm of choice – Full story here.
- Newcastle United have released their retained list following the 2018/19 season, confirming that Mo Diame, Cal Roberts and several U-23’s will be released by the club this summer – with 8 receiving new deal – See full list here.
- According to NUFC.com, ex-Mag Shola Ameobi has landed a brand new role at Newcastle United, with him set to become the club’s ‘loan coordinator’ – Full story here.
- Salomon Rondon’s agent has held talks with Fenerbahce according to reports in Turkey, who claim the club are now set to make an offer for the striker – Full story here.
- According to a laughable report in the Sun, Rafa Benitez is eyeing a £6m deal to bring Crystal Palace veteran Scott Dann to St James’ Park this summer – Read dubious story here.
- Jonjo Shelvey has been regularly tipped to leave over the past few months following a difficult season at St James’ Park – but his latest comments suggest he’s fully intending to stick it out on Tyneside – Read them here.
- After leaving Newcastle United for just £650,000 last summer, Ivan Toney’s value has soared after his involvement in 31 goals over the 2018/19 season – Full story here.
- And finally – “Is Sheikh Khaled wealthy enough to buy us another Keegan?” – Read Archie Brand’s intriguing latest piece here.