A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to North-East reporter Ian Murtagh, Mike Ashley has now applied to “de-register” four companies with Newcastle associated names – a sign he’s preparing for a potential takeover? – Fully story here.
- Murtagh’s piece in the Daily Star also reveals why “Monochrome Acquisitions Ltd” – the holding company created by Sheikh Khaled – is legitimate – Read more here.
- Salomon Rondon is ‘eager’ to join Newcastle permanently and will give the club extra time to activate his £16.5m release clause this summer according to the Chronicle – Full story here.
- Mo Diame has sent a message to Newcastle fans ahead of his summer exit, saying he’s “loved every minute” of his time on Tyneside and will ‘always be a magpie!’ – Full story here.
- According to the Evening Standard, West Ham have identified Jonjo Shelvey and Isaac Hayden as ‘possible alternatives’ after failing with a £20m move for Andre Gomes – Fully story here.
- According to the Chronicle’s Chris Waugh, Rafa Benitez is now ‘heading towards’ a short-term deal at St James’ Park if he decides to stay this summer – Full story here.
- Newcastle fans were all saying the same thing on social media on Wednesday night – why on earth did we let Kevin Mbabu go? – Full story here.
- According to reports on the South Coast, Portsmouth are eyeing a loan move for Newcastle United talent Dan Barlaser – but they face competition – Full story here.
- Mo Diame has received an offer from Qatar side Al-Gharafa according to the Sun – Full story here.