A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to the Chronicle, Newcastle now look set to miss out on Rafa Benitez target Wesley Moraes, with uncertainty at the club seeing us ‘lose ground’ on a deal for the Brazilian – Full story here.
- The Bin Zayed Group have issued a firm ‘no comment’ when Peter Redding – the Sports Presenter for UAE station ‘Capital Radio’ – asked if a takeover was on or off on Tuesday – Full story here.
- According to Spanish outlet Libertad Digital, Atletico Madrid are the latest club to show interest in Ayoze Perez – Full story here.
- Newcastle have shown interest in £8m-rated Benfica right-back Andre Almeida according to reports in Portugal – Full story here.
- Lazio are weighing up a shock bid for Newcastle skipper Jamaal Lascelles according to reports in Rome today – Full story here.
- According to a ‘leaked’ Premier League fixture list doing the rounds on social media, we will open the 2019/20 season with a trip to Everton – Full story here.
- Some breaking news emerged from Sky Sports late last night, confirming former Newcastle centre-back Jonathan Woodgate is set to be appointed the new manager of Middlesbrough – Full story here.
- The Mirror’s Simon Bird believes Rafa Benitez is only sticking around this summer and ‘tolerating’ Mike Ashley as he knows a takeover is in the offing – Read more here.
- And finally, a look at the FOUR scenarios facing Newcastle United this summer – Read the piece in full here.