A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Newcastle will face Arsenal at St James’ Park on the opening day of the season, with the full 2019/20 Premier League fixture list being released earlier today – See them here.
- Wesley Moraes – one of Rafa’s reported ‘top targets’ – is now on the verge of completing a £22m move to Aston Villa – Full story here.
- After being regularly linked with a move away this summer, Ayoze Perez has refused to give any guarantees that he’ll be a Newcastle player come the start of the 2019/20 season – Read his comments here.
- New pictures have emerged on social media, appearing to show Newcastle’s away kit AND third kit set to be used for the 2019/20 season – Full story here.
- Following the release of the official 2019/20 fixtures, we’ve picked out 10 key dates for your diary over the coming year – See them here.
- Tim Krul has spoken out ahead of Norwich’s eagerly anticipated clash with Newcastle on the second weekend of the season – and he’s backing the Canaries to beat the ‘mad Geordies’ – Full story here.
- According to some dubious reports in Italy, Lazio’s interest in Jamaal Lascelles is ‘serious’, with the Serie A side prepared to Jordan Lukaku in a ‘player-plus-cash swap deal’ – Full story here.
- And finally a closer look at VAR – the new technology that could be set to kill one key element of football at St James’ Park next season? – Read it in full here.