A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- The Press Association’s Damian Spellman says Rafa Benitez is still ‘not close’ to agreeing a new contract with Newcastle – and also reveals why a takeover is still ‘some way off’ – Full story here.
- According to the Times’ Gary Jacob, Rafa Benitez received an offer worth £12m per year last night to take charge of Chinese Super League side Dalian Yifang – Full story here.
- Salomon Rondon has ‘told friends’ he wants to complete a permanent move to Newcastle United this summer according to the Mirror – Full story here.
- According to L’Equipe, Newcastle are ready to make a club record move for Rennes star Ismaïla Sarr if Rafa Benitez stays at the club this summer – Full story here.
- According to Sky Sports, Newcastle are interested in signing Venezuelan winger Jefferson Savarino – and it’s said the MLS star is available for just £6m – Full story here.
- The Chronicle’s Lee Ryder is adamant that Chelsea will open talks with Rafa Benitez should they fail to appoint Frank Lampard as their new manager – Full story here.
- The agent of Nigerian forward David Okereke has claimed that Newcastle are ‘showing interest’ in a deal to sign the highly-rated 21-year-old this summer – Full story here.
- And finally, why we can NOT see Rafa Benitez going to China – despite widespread claims he’s received a huge offer from Dalian Yifang – Read full story here.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)
About Olly Hawkins
Olly has been a Junior Magpie from birth. As a season ticket holder and avid Newcastle United fan - he eats, sleeps and breathes all things NUFC.