A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Miguel Almiron has been at it again at the Copa America, with him bagging world class assist & outshines Messi in Paraguay’s 1-1 draw with Argentina – Watch stunning assist here.
- According to the Sun’s north-east reporter David Coverdale, Mike Ashley ‘will not budge’ after offering Rafa Benitez a new short-term contract extension – Full story here.
- Stoke City are lining up a ‘club record bid’ of £20m for Newcastle United striker Dwight Gayle, according to the Sun – Full story here.
- Sports lawyer and ‘takeover expert’ Daniel Geey has shed light on why the Bin Zayed Group’s bid to buy Newcastle United may be dragging in an insightful chat with the Chronicle – Read his thoughts here.
- Mo Diame is all set to sign a two-year deal with Qatar side Al-Gharafa after being offered a £100,000-a-week according to the Sun’s Mike McGrath – Full story here.
- According to reports in Greece, Panathinaikos have been in contact with Newcastle United in a bid to sign Rolando Aarons on loan – Full story here.
- NUFC’s official Twitter account have trolled Lionel Messi after Miguel Almiron stole the show and outshone the Argentinian during Paraguay’s Copa America clash last night – See their post here.
- According to reports in Spain, Fulham have rejected an offer from Real Betis for ex-Mag Aleksandar Mitrovic – but NUFC could receive a ‘knock on’ fee from any sale – Full story here.