A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to UAE-based presenter Peter Redding, silence is ‘key’ regarding a potential takeover, with him believing Sheikh Khaled is the ‘real deal’ and close to completing a deal – Full story here.
- Steve Harmison believes Newcastle fans would “never forgive” Rafa Benitez if he walked away from the club when his contract expires on June 30th – Read his ridiculous claims on talkSPORT here.
- A study by the Times has confirmed that Newcastle United’s 2019/20 home kit is set to be the most expensive replica shirt in England this summer – with Mike Ashley setting the price at £65 – Full story here.
- According to the Nottingham Post, Nottingham Forest have turned their attention away from Jack Colback – meaning he could be sticking around on Tyneside a little longer yet – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, Achraf Lazaar has now asked to be given another chance at Newcastle United this summer – regardless of who will be in charge ahead of the 2019/20 season – Full story here.
- A few days on from his laughable claims live on Sky Sports, I still can’t quite get over what Dennis Wise had to say about his old pal Mike Ashley – Read our rant at both here.
- And finally, our takeover Rafa Benitez / takeover theory we’re clinging onto as D-Day nears for NUFC – Read the piece in full here.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)
About Olly Hawkins
Olly has been a Junior Magpie from birth. As a season ticket holder and avid Newcastle United fan - he eats, sleeps and breathes all things NUFC.