A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to Sky Sports, former Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri and Dutch legend Giovanni Van Bronckhorst are both interested in taking the vacant Newcastle United job – Full story here.
- BBC journalist Saj Chowdhury has stated that Rafa Benitez’s departure will NOT affect the Bin Zayed Group takeover, claiming the Premier League are now conducting a ‘fit and proper test’ – Full story here
- According to the Times’ George Caulkin, both David Moyes and Laurent Blanc have both contacted NUFC, signalling their interest in replacing Rafa Benitez – Full story here.
- According to the Mail’s Craig Hope, a source close to Rafa Benitez has said the Spaniard has been left ‘angry, upset and disappointed’ that the club announced he was leaving before contacting him – Full story here.
- Alan Shearer has launched an attack on Mike Ashley following Rafa Benitez’s exit, also warning fans to not fall for the ‘propaganda’ likely to follow from the club – Full story here.
- West Brom technical director Luke Dowling has claimed that Newcastle United are STILL interested in a deal to sign Salomon Rondon this summer – despite Rafa Benitez’s exit – Full story here.
- According to the Mirror, Newcastle will push on to sign players their scouting team have identified – despite the club having no manager – with Joelinton and Allan Saint-Maximin targeted – Full story here.
- Sam Allardyce has all but ruled out any return to Newcastle United after being asked on talkSPORT if he’d take the job should Mike Ashley come calling – Read his comments here.