A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Jose Mourinho has all but ruled himself out of the running for the Newcastle United job, stating he needs ‘structure’ and a ‘project’ where he ‘plays to win’ – Read his telling comments here.
- The next Newcastle United ‘boss’ will be asked to liaise with the club’s head of recruitment Steve Nickson regarding all transfers according to the Chronicle – Full story here.
- According to north-east reporter David Coverdale, Ayoze Perez, Fabian Schar, Martin Dubravka, Federico Fernandez and Isaac Hayden are all ‘open to offers’ following Rafa Benitez’s exit – Full story here.
- According to the Telegraph’s Luke Edwards, both Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourinho have distanced themselves from the NUFC job – but Sean Dyche, David Moyes and Steve Bruce are all interested – Full story here.
- Lee Charnley will lead the hunt for Rafa Benitez’s replacement and looks set to look for a “young promising continental manager” according to North-East reporter Martin Hardy – Full story here.
- Speaking during a guest appearance on talkSPORT, the Mail’s Craig Hope says he’s been told Mikel Arteta is in the running to replace Rafa Benitez at Newcastle United – Full story here.
- According to various reports today, Ayoze Perez is now keen to complete a move to Valencia, West Ham are confident of striking a deal with Salomon Rondon and Man Utd are hoping to ‘speed up’ a bid for Sean Longstaff – Full story here.
- Federico Fernandez has deleted a tweet criticising the club for their handling of Rafa Benitez, which saw him state that the Spaniard “deserved” better – Full story here.