A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to the Chronicle, Mike Ashley has received NO bid from the Bin Zayed Group as of yet – claims Sheikh Khaled’s camp are describing as “simply not true” – Full story here.
- Newcastle United have now made a bid in the region of £20m for Jean-Philippe Mateta according to L’Equipe, – but they claim the offer falls ‘well below’ Mainz’s asking price – Full story here.
- Ex-Mag Kevin Nolan has made some unforgivable Mike Ashley comments, defending his running of the club and having sympathy with his struggle to sell up – Read his pathetic defence here.
- The club have handed new deals to EIGHT U-23’s, while a new video emerged showing the senior side’s second day in pre-season training today – See more on both here.
- The Magpie Group have issued a new statement, confirming that a boycott has been planned for Arsenal and insisting that they will NOT be fooled again by Mike Ashley – Full story here.
- Blackburn Rovers are keen to complete a deal to sign Newcastle United stopper Karl Darlow, according to Sky Sports News.
- After pushing the Bin Zayed Group for a takeover update, UAE-based presenter Peter Redding has hit the nail on the head, stating it’s time for BOTH parties to start communicating – Full story here.
- Former Sunderland star Fabio Borini ‘could be headed for Newcastle United’ according to some dubious claims from Italy – Full story here.