A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- A NEW takeover ‘statement’ has now been released ‘following a meeting’ between Peter Redding (Dubai-based radio presenter) and Bin Zayed Group officials – Read it here.
- After sharing the Bin Zayed Group’s latest ‘statement’, Dubai-based radio host Peter Redding has insisted that the quotes are ‘official’ and from the party’s CEO, Midhat Kidwai – See his follow up tweets here.
- According to the Chronicle, Newcastle United are planning to ‘crank up’ their search for a new manager this week following ‘talks’ between Mike Ashley and Lee Charnley last week – Full story here.
- While the squad take part in pre-season training, Joselu has been spotted at Newcastle airport this morning – a sign he’s heading to Spain to complete a move to Alaves? – See picture here.
- The Telegraph’s Luke Edwards admits he’s ‘not impressed in any way shape or form’ by the Bin Zayed Group’slatest ‘statement’, believing it’s ‘flaky’ and an unconvincing way of communicating with fans – Full story here.
- According to football reporter Alan Biggs, Neil Redfearn has been left very impressed by Achraf Lazaar during the first few days of pre-season training – Full story here.
- Steven Gerrard has now rejected the opportunity to become the next Newcastle United manager, according to an exclusive from the Mirror – Full story here.
- And finally, a closer look at Rafa Benitez’s latest interview in China – featuring an admission which exposes Mike Ashley’s unforgivable summer tactics even further – Read piece in full here.