A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Steve Bruce’s move to Newcastle United has been described as ‘very close’ – although Sheffield Wednesday are yet to accept our offer to land his two assistants – Full story here.
- Michael Chopra has launched a brilliant attack on Mike Ashley during his appearance on talkSPORT this morning, exposing the time he scuppered a Saudi takeover last year – Full story here.
- Both the PA and the Chronicle have denied a shock report claiming Bruno Genesio was set to sign a 4-year-deal at Newcastle United today – Full story here.
- After what looks set to be our most shambolic summer yet under Mike Ashley, Newcastle fans are fighting back – with it revealed that over 13,000 season tickets are currently left unsold – Full story here.
- Sky Sports presenter Pete Graves claims there is truth in reports Newcastle have a deal in place to sign Joelinton – with him believing that this move will go through – Full story here.
- Matt Ritchie is ‘looking forward’ to a ‘new manager’ at Newcastle United and expects signings to follow – but admits is was ‘disappointing’ to see Rafa Benitez leave – Read his comments here.
- Long-term Newcastle United target Sebastien Haller is finally about to seal a move to the Premier League, with him arriving at West Ham to complete a £45m move – Full story here.
- According to 90min.com, Steve Bruce wants to make a move for Everton duo Yannick Bolasie and James McCarthy once he’s been confirmed as Newcastle’s new manager – Full story here.
- And finally, a closer look at the biggest issue NUFC fans have been faced with this summer – the complete and utter silence from the club – Read Jonny’s brilliant piece here.