What is the most frustrating thing about being a Newcastle fan today?
I mean, it has always been quite frustrating to be honest – whether its throwing away a 12 point lead, 2 FA Cup finals or seeing Joe Kinnear being unveiled as manager – it has never been easy.
Yet, I think it is safe to say that we’re a decent bunch of fans, who try to enjoy it as mush as we can.
We’re loyal and we want to support our team.
But I’ll ask again – what is the most frustrating thing about being a Newcastle fan today?
- Is it that the ‘proposed takeover’ collapsed / never existed?
- Is it that we have very low ambition/pulling power in our search for a new manager?
- Is it that Mike Ashley let Rafa go?
- Is it that it the club is being asset stripped?
- Is it that season ticket prices have gone up?
- Is it that we have one of the most expensive (yet probably the most cheaply made) strips?
- Is it that there is only a few weeks left and we’ve not made any signings?
- Is it that we’ve made no attempt to re-sign our player of the season after a superb loan spell?
- Is it the fact our most exciting young talent is now being tipped to join Man Utd?
- Is it that an incompetent Lee Charnley appears to be in charge of getting transfers done?
I can tell you now it is ALL of them – but that’s not the main reason why we are frustrated.
We are frustrated by the absolute silence that has come from the club regarding all of those matters.
Why have the club stayed silent? A simple bit of communication would stop a lot of rumour, it may even generate some season ticket sales and it would definitely put a majority of the fan base at ease.
This lack of communication is not something new, I don’t think we have had a decent bit of communication since the days of Chris Mort. He jumped ship pretty quickly and it is pretty clear to see why.
However, to have the ignorance to be this quiet when so much uncertainty surrounds our club is both rude and disrespectful. It just makes me despise Ashley even more.
Does anyone have a theory as to why the club would let us stew in this big vat of uncertainty? Don’t we deserve a bit better? Or is this just Mike Ashley being Mike Ashley – a man who only cares about milking his cash cow, no matter how many people he hurts.