A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Steve Bruce has been appointed the new ‘head coach’ of Newcastle United – See his first interview here.
- Joelinton is now in talks to complete a £36m move to Newcastle United – claims Hoffenheim have now confirmed – Full story here.
- Newcastle’s first pre-season game of the summer has ended with a humiliating defeat today, with Wolves running out convincing 4-0 winners in China – Watch highlights here.
- Sheffield Wednesday have confirmed in a club statement that there “remans outstanding legal issues to be resolved” between themselves and Newcastle following our appointment of Steve Bruce – Full story here.
- A joint NUFC fan group (including ourselves) have released a new statement in response to Steve Bruce’s appointment today – Read it here
- Lee Charnley has broken his silence following Steve Bruce’s appointment at Newcastle United, with him claiming that the club will be ‘fully prepared’ for the new season – Read his laughable comments here.
- Jamaal Lascelles, Federico Fernandez and Matt Ritchie have all had their say on Steve Bruce’s appointment – Read their assessments of the new NUFC ‘head coach’ here.
- Jonjo Shelvey has committed himself to the club in a brilliant interview about his Newcastle United future – Read what he’s had to say here.
- And finally, after a humiliating 4-0 defeat against Wolves in our opening game of the Premier League Asia Trophy, there’s one positive to take – Elias Sorensen’s eye catching cameo – Full story here.