A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Steve Bruce has insisted that he is not a ‘puppet’ and is ‘in charge of transfers’ at Newcastle United – suggesting it’s ‘nonsense’ that some have reported otherwise – See his latest comments here.
- Salomon Rondon has now completed a move to the Chinese Super League, with him now reunited with Rafa Benitez at Dalian Yifang – Full story here.
- Sean Longstaff has admitted he’s ‘flattered’ by Man Utd’s interest, but insists he’s a Newcastle United player who’s fully focused on impressing Steve Bruce – despite being ‘sad’ at Benitez’s exit – Read his comments here.
- The Chronicle’s Mark Douglas has revealed that Newcastle are now looking to sign an unnamed Championship winger – Full story here.
- Poundland have mocked Mike Ashley in a brilliant new post on social media, asking if he’d like them to sponsor the new Newcastle United kit – Full story here.
- Following his move to China, it’s now being claimed that Rondon will earn a whopping £250,000 per week – a reason several Premier League clubs decided not to sign him? – Full story here.
- According to CalcioMercato, AC Milan are eyeing a cut-price deal to sign Newcastle United centre-back Federico Fernandez this summer – Full story here.
- WhoScored.com have shared a pretty disturbing NUFC stat following Perez and Rondon’s exits – Proof that Mike Ashley must spend and spent well between now and August 8th – Full story here.