A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Newcastle United have confirmed the signing of Joelinton, with the Brazilian attacker finally completing a move from Hoffenheim today – See the club’s initial announcement video here.
- The Brazilian has also been spotted walking around St James’ Park earlier today, with the picture below also showing him being photographed in the black and white shirt prior to the club’s announcement – See pictures here.
- The Chronicle have revealed two new names now being looked at by Newcastle United – Hull star Jarrod Bowen and Augsburg left-back Philipp Max – Full story here.
- According to the Mirror, Man Utd are set to test Mike Ashley’s resolve with a £30m bid for Sean Longstaff – Full story here.
- Newcastle have opened discussions with AS Monaco over a potential deal for Djibril Sidibé, according to RMC Sport reporter Mohamed Bouhafsi – Full story here.
- According to the Telegraph’s Luke Edwards, Isaac Hayden now looks set to stay at Newcastle United this summer – Full story here.
- Newcastle are preparing a ‘formal move’ for Vasco de Gama forward ‘Marrony’ according to reports in South America today – Full story here.
- Sheffield Wednesday have confirmed that they’ve now reported Newcastle United to the Premier League over the appointment Steve Bruce and his coaching staff – Read their club statement here.
- And finally, a must-read ‘scout report’ on Joelinton following the Brazilian’s move to Newcastle United – Read Joe Donnohue’s brilliant piece here.