A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- As confirmed by several north-east reporters, Mike Ashley has made a rare appearance at the club’s training ground today, holding a ‘transfer meeting’ with Steve Bruce and watching Joelinton train – Full story here.
- Steve Bruce has confirmed he held ‘positive’ talks with Mike Ashley today – however he’s suggested that the club are looking for just ‘one or two’ more signings this summer – Full story here.
- That said, it’s claimed we are now ‘on the verge’ of another signing, with the Shields Gazette reporting today that NUFC officials flew out of the country last night to finalise a deal for a unnamed winger – Full story here.
- According to Keith Downie, Steve Bruce has confirmed that Allan Saint-Maximin IS a player Newcastle are interested in signing, with Sky Sports claiming we’ve had TWO bids rejected so far – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle’s Lee Ryder, Newcastle United have a further £50m available to spend in the two weeks that remain of the transfer window – Full story here.
- PSG have shown interest in signing Newcastle United stopper Martin Dubravka, according to German outlet Kicker – Full story here.
- New ‘club record’ signing Joelinton has given his first big interview as a Newcastle United player during a chat with NUFC TV – Read his first words on Tyneside here.
- And finally, read our EXCLUSIVE Q&A with Bundesliga expert Ronan Murphy, who’s given us the low down on our new £40m man Joelinton – a player he knows well from his time in Germany – Read his intriguing assessment here.