A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Nice winger Allan Saint-Maximin has been spotted on Tyneside this morning, with the 22-year-old arriving at club’s training ground for a medical ahead of his £16.5m move – Full story here.
- The Frenchman has also been spotted at St James’ Park in the last few moments, with reports suggesting an official announcement of the deal could be announced tonight:
- According to some big new claims from Lee Ryder, Newcastle are close to completing a shock deal for Dutch international left-back Jetro Willems – Full story here.
- With Willems agreeing personal terms and having a medical booked in, it’s believed a deal for fellow left-back Stanley N’Soki may well be dead – Full story here.
- According to Sky Italy, Newcastle United are in talks to sign 19-year-old Inter Milan striker Facundo Colidio – Full story here.
- Fabian Schar has played down rumours linking him with a summer exit, saying he is looking forward the new season with Newcastle United – a club he is “really happy” at – Full story here.
- According to some dubious claims from leading Turkish outlet TRT Spor, Newcastle are ‘close’ to signing Lille’s Edgar Ie – Full story here.
- With Alan Saint-Maximin’s move all but done, the Chronicle’s Mark Douglas has stuck his neck on the line and predicted what deals will get done between now and August 8th – Full story here.
- According to reports in Spain, Newcastle are one of the clubs showing interest in a deal to sign Sevilla midfielder Ibrahim Amadou – Full story here.