A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Steve Bruce has told Sky Sports that the club still have “one our two things” up their sleeve as we enter the final 48 hours of the transfer window – Full story here.
- According to Lee Ryder, Ludwig Francillette was the player spotted at St James’ Park yesterday – and the 20-year-old is now ‘close’ to signing for our U-23’s – Full story here
- Bordeaux have accepted bids from both Newcastle and Watford for right-back Youssouf Sabaly, according to Soccer Link – Full story here.
- Fulham, Derby, Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield have all made loan offers for Jacob Murphy, according to Sun’s Phil Cadden – Full story here.
- According to the Northern Echo, Steve Bruce is set to hold talks with Dwight Gayle ‘today’ in a bid to keep him at St James’ Park this summer, with West Brom and Leeds keen – Full story here.
- PSG centre-back Moussa Sissako is set to decide on a move to either Newcastle or Brighton in the ‘coming hours’ according to RMC – Full story here.
- According to Sky Sports, ex-NUFC target Harry Wilson is now on his way to Bournemouth for a medical ahead of a season-long loan move from Liverpool – Full story here.
- Allan Saint-Maximin has revealed the role Hatem Ben Arfa played in his move to Newcastle, saying he praised the ‘amazing supporters’ and ‘amazing atmosphere’ at St James’ Park – Full story here.
- Steve Bruce has revealed that he’s been “very, very impressed” by what he’s seen from Newcastle forward Yoshinori Muto – Read his comments here.
- According to reports, Everton have offered Crystal Palace £65m PLUS current NUFC target James McCarthy and ex-Newcastle target Cenk Tosun in their bid to sign Wilfried Zaha – Full story here.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)
About Olly Hawkins
Olly has been a Junior Magpie from birth. As a season ticket holder and avid Newcastle United fan - he eats, sleeps and breathes all things NUFC.