A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Rafa Benitez has revealed the ‘real story’ behind his Newcastle United exit earlier this summer during his debut piece for The Athletic – Read what he’s had to say here.
- The Magpie Group have sent a letter to Mike Ashley, taking the NUFC owner up on his offer to have an ‘independent auditor’ review his ‘whiter than white’ books at Newcastle United – Full story here.
- Miguel Almiron has spoken out about his new role in Steve Bruce’s side and his ongoing goal drought at Newcastle United – Read interview here.
- Jacob Murphy and Freddie Woodman have been named in the Championship team of the week after superb displays for their new loan clubs over the weekend – Watch debut goal & penalty save here.
- Neil Redfearn has endured a disastrous start to life with the U-23’s, with the second string being smashed 6-0 at Reading in their opening game of the Premier League 2 season last night – Full story here.
- According to Paul Merson, Newcastle fans are ‘missing a trick’ with Steve Bruce – suggesting we haven’t appreciated that club’s new head coach is actually a “very good manager’ – Read his comments here.
- Matt Ritchie believes Miguel Almiron was “fantastic throughout the whole game” against Arsenal, feeling he and Joelinton have given fans something to be excited about ahead of Saturday’s trip to Norwich – Full story here.
- According to north-east reporter David Coverdale, Andy Carroll’s ‘basic salary’ is less than £22,500 – but he’ll earn up to £70,000 if and when he starts – Full story here.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)
About Olly Hawkins
Olly has been a Junior Magpie from birth. As a season ticket holder and avid Newcastle United fan - he eats, sleeps and breathes all things NUFC.