A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Lee Charnley has spoken out about takeover bids, Steve Bruce and the club’s lack of communication over the summer – Read his latest interview here.
- The club have released pictures of the first-team in training today, and although Jonjo Shelvey looks like he’s shrugged off a knock, there’s no sign of Allan Saint-Maximin – Full story here.
- Jamie Carragher believes it’s ‘unfair’ for fans to slate Steve Bruce following his appointment, stating he’s the appointment you’d expect at a ‘bottom half Premier League team’ – Read his comments here.
- Andy Carroll is expected to be fit for Newcastle’s trip to Liverpool on September 14th according to the Times’ Gary Jacobs – Full story here.
- DeAndre Yedlin could be missing for ‘at least’ another month according to Steve Bruce – who’s admitted the American’s fitness is still a ‘worry’ – Full story here.
- According to the Times, Newcastle are now in talks with Sean Longstaff over a potential new deal that could see him earn £80,000 – with Matty Longstaff also in contract discussions – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez believes our ‘Premier League experience’ and new squad members available to Steve Bruce will mean we survive this season – but hints a top 10 finish is only possible if our summer signings perform – Full story here.
- And finally, an intriguing piece from Johnny Vintis following Sunday’s ‘boycott’ at St James’ Park – Time to stop the bickering and get back to being united? – Read his piece here.