A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Allan Saint-Maximin says he’s feeling ‘a lot better’ and confirms he’ll train on his ‘day off’ today, believing he’ll be able to play on Sunday if he trains with no problems on Friday – Full story here.
- Former Sunderland midfielder Seb Larsson has shared his thoughts on Newcastle new boy Emil Krafth – a player he knows very well from his time with the Swedish national side – Read his comments here.
- Lee Ryder has confirmed that Rolando Aarons, Jack Colback and Achraf Lazaar have all attracted interest and could seal moves away in the next week – but their wage demands are proving to be problematic – Full story here.
- Charlie Nicholas has backed Tottenham to inflict more pain on Newcastle United this Sunday, predicting a 4-0 win for Spurs, but claims fans ‘can’t point the finger’ at Steve Bruce – Full story here.
- According to an ‘exclusive’ from Football Insider, Brentford look set to make a move for ex-Newcastle United flop Emmanuel Riviere – Full story here.
- David Ginola has revealed that he would ‘love’ to manage Newcastle United, saying it would be the ‘perfect’ to take over at St James’ Park one day – Full story here.
- Ian Ladyman has told Sky Sports that this group of NUFC players ‘aren’t good enough for the Premier League‘ – a claim I struggle to agree with based on the capable squad at Steve Bruce’s disposal – Full story here.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)
About Olly Hawkins
Olly has been a Junior Magpie from birth. As a season ticket holder and avid Newcastle United fan - he eats, sleeps and breathes all things NUFC.