A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to the Mirror, Steve Bruce’s squad could face a ‘huge overhaul’ next summer, with several players out of contract and Mike Ashley tempted to cash in on Matt Ritchie and Jonjo Shelvey – Full story here.
- Chris Waugh claims that Newcastle’s first choice targets following Rafa Benitez’s exit were Nice boss Patrick Vieira and Man City coach Mikel Arteta – Full story here.
- After retiring from international football with Wales, Paul Dummett has revealed his wish to stay at Newcastle United for the rest of his career – Full story here.
- Newcastle beat Rangers to the signing of towering centre-back Ludwig Francillette this summer, according to L’Equipe – Full story here.
- As revealed by the Chronicle, no stadium in the Premier League has had more empty seats this season than Newcastle – stats that should send a major warning to Mike Ashley – Full story here.
- Danny Mills has finally said something NUFC related that fans will agree with, claiming Michael Owen’s latest comments about the club are ‘bang out of order’ – Full story here.
- Gareth Southgate has confirmed that Newcastle United goalkeeper Freddie Woodman is on England’s radar – Full story here.
- Newcastle United star Fabian Schar has been named in the top 20 of Sky Sports’ Premier League Power Rankings – one place above Liverpool’s Virgil Van Dijk – Full story here.