A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Steve Bruce has provided injury updates on Matt Ritchie, Andy Carroll, Allan Saint-Maximin and Dwight Gayle – Read his latest comments here.
- Miguel Almiron has finally scored his first goal for Paraguay, scoring the equaliser in their 4-2 win over Jordan last night – Watch it here.
- Some promising pictures have emerged from the club’s official website this afternoon, showing Andy Carroll training with the senior side for the first time – See them all here.
- According to the Shields Gazette, Newcastle ‘considered’ a move for Brentford star Said Benrahma over the summer and could reignite their interest in January – Full story here.
- Steve Bruce has revealing how ‘terrific’ Matt Ritchie is ‘every day’ on the training field – and claims his progress following ankle ligament damage has been ‘remarkable’ so far – Full story here.
- The Shields Gazette’s Miles Starforth claims Miguel Almiron could be left out of Saturday’s trip to Anfield, with him expected to return back late from international duty – Full story here.
- Saint-Maximin’s fitness issues have been discussed by Steve Bruce, with the NUFC head coach, suggesting he’s suffering from a lack of pre-season – Full story here.
- And finally, talkSPORT’s ‘super computer’ has predicted where every club will finish in the 2019/20 Premier League table – See their predictions here.