A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to Mark Douglas, NUFC coaching staff are concerned about Allan Saint-Maximin’s lack of pre-season and could delay his comeback until mid-October – Full story here.
- Mike Ashley has bizarrely stated that he ‘doesn’t pick the Newcastle team’ and ‘never has’ during an interview with Sky News – Full story here.
- Isaac Hayden is one of the key players the club are looking to tie down to a new long-term contract, according to the Chronicle – Full story here.
- According to Sky Sports reporter Gianluca Di Marzio, former Newcastle United flop Emmanuel Riviere is set to join Achraf Lazaar at Cosenza – Full story here.
- Steve Bruce has revealed how well Jack Colback is performing on the training pitch, insisting that he’s ‘not done anything wrong’ – Read his comments here.
- According to The Athletic’s Chris Waugh, Newcastle duo Isaac Hayden and Sean Longstaff are both being tracked by England – Full story here.
- Steve Bruce claims he tried to sign Newcastle striker Dwight Gayle during his Championship stints with Sheffield Wednesday, Aston Villa and Hull – Full story here.
- And finally, with Miguel Almiron yet to return from international duty, we’ve looked at the two possible line-ups Bruce could be forced to go with at Liverpool – Full story here.