A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- The Telegraph’s Luke Edwards has revealed that Jonjo Shelvey is playing with a ‘long-standing thigh problem’, sparking question marks about his ‘mobility’ – Full story here.
- According to reports in Italy, Newcastle are set to make a €10m bid for Genoa centre-back Koray Günter in January – Full story here.
- Paraguayan reporter Roberto Rojas has hit back at criticism towards Miguel Almiron, believing Steve Bruce is playing him out of position – Full story here.
- Andy Carroll has confirmed he is now training ‘every day’ and is fit to play against Leicester this weekend – Full story here.
- Michael Owen is backing Leicester to beat Newcastle this weekend – but believes the Foxes won’t find it easy to break down Steve Bruce’s side – Read his prediction here.
- Shola Ameobi has been in contact with Carlisle to highlight his concerns over Elias Sorensen’s lack of game time – and it seems to have paid dividends this week – See why here.
- And finally, we’ve picked the new-look NUFC team we’d like to see start against Leicester this weekend now several attacking players are fit again – Full story here.